Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kuramasgirlrei1976
Kuramasgirlrei1976

Whatif (Kai and Horatio's story) Empty Whatif (Kai and Horatio's story)

Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:44 pm
In the summer of 1990, Kailani Brown went to Miami in Dade County, Florida to find her best friends from childhood. Horatio and Raymond Caine. She was also escaping from an abusive relationship with boyfriend Jonathan Rane.

Kailani had never been to Florida before. The heat reminded her of Hawaii. She grabbed her carry-on and made her way over to the Miami Dade Police Department to find Horatio and Raymond.

When she arrived, she went in she looked around. 'Wow...' she thought to herself. 'H works here?!" When she looked down, she was met with Horatio's blue eyes and his half smile. "Kailani Brown," he said, coming over, and giving her a hug. "Kai, what are you doing here? It's been a while."

"Yes, it has, H," she said hugging him back. His hugs still gave her goosebumps. "How have you been?"

"Fine, I'm fine," he said. "I have something to tell you."

As Horatio spoke, Kai looked around and saw Tim Speedle. The two smiled at each other. Kai thought he was cute, but not her type.

"Kai," Horatio said again, softly. "Kai, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see you and Ray," she said. "Where is that punk?" She looked around for Raymond.

Horatio sighed softly. Damn she looked beautiful- and that only made it more difficult to say what he had to say, to tell her what he had forgotten to tell her. "Kai," he said gently. "Ray died."

"What?! Horatio!" she said slightly, shocked. "Why didn't you call me?!" she asked, slightly scolding him. "Just because he drove me crazy as kids, doesn't mean I didn't like him. I would've come down..."

"His wife and child are grieving," he told her. "What would you have done?"

"You should be too..." Kai told him. "And I would've been here for you."

"I'm fine, work distracts me," Horatio said. "And you're always here for me, even if you're not *here* here."

Kai doubted he was fine, but she wasn't going to argue with him. She had learned long ago to pick her battles with Horatio. "So," she said, changing the subject. "Who, was that?"

"Tim Speedle," Horatio told her. "He's one of my best CSIs."

"Hey, H," Kai heard someone say. 'I've called Horatio that for years,' she thought to herself. 'Did H give him permission?'

She watched as he turned and spoke to the person that had called him. "Eric," he said. "What have you got for me?"

The guy started to answer Horatio, but caught sight of Kai and got distracted.

"Eric..." he said, annoyed. He didn't like the way Eric's stare was lingering on his spicy Italian. He snapped his fingers, startling Eric and snapping him out of it.

"Sorry, H," Eric said. "I was just going to tell you, Calleigh and I can't find anything to support this case."

"Maybe I can help," Kai offered, brightening. It was her chance to shine.

"I'm sorry, you are...?" Eric's expression was puzzled.

"Kailani Brown, CSI," Kai said holding out her hand. "And you are...?"

"Eric Delko" he said taking her hand. "Nice to meet you."

Horatio turned back to Kai, surprised. "You became a CSI instead of taking over your mom's restaurant?"

"Yeah, I did," she said. "I went to the same Academy you did, H. And you know that a CSI saved mom's life when I was younger, and living in Hawaii."

"I do, Kai," Horatio said. He had forgotten momentarily about them going to the Academy together. "I do know that."

"Do I have privileges, H?" she asked. "We'll talk later and catch up."

Horatio nodded. He was still in love with her. "You do Kai, you do," he said. "Eric, show Kai around, please, and let me know what you find."

"Will do H," Eric said. He motioned to Kai. "Follow me."

As they walked away, Horatio turned to watch her. 'Damn she looks good,' he thought to himself. 'That pantsuit looks good on her. I bet she still loves her dresses, though.'

Kai followed Eric into the crime lab, where Calleigh Duquesne was trying to figure out the case. She looked up when they came in. "Eric," she said smiling at him. "Still no luck."

"Calleigh Duquene," Eric said. "This is Kailani Brown. Horatio gave her privileges to work in the lab with us."

"Nice to meet you," Calleigh said. "This case happened late last night, early this morning. I've tried everything I can think of, so has Eric," she explained.

"Nice to meet you as well," Kai said feeling an instant pull towards Calleigh. "Let's see if I can help you." She picked up a spare lab coat, pulled her hair back, then washed and dried her hands before putting gloves on. She got down to work, while Calleigh left the lab with Eric.

About an hour later, Calleigh came back in. "Did you find anything?" she asked hoping for some news.

"Yes, I did," Kai said. She took a moment to explain everything.

"Great!" Calleigh praised her. "Let's go tell Horatio your findings." She led the way and Kai followed her. They met up Horatio.

Horatio looked over the findings. "Great job ladies," he said. "Calleigh come with me please. Kai, we'll be back."

"Alright H," Kai said, nodding.

After they left, Speedle came by. "Where's Horatio?" he asked. "I just missed him, huh?"

"He went with Calleigh for something," Kai replied. "Yeah, you just missed him."

Speedle smiled and left going to another part of the lab to finish what he was doing. While waiting for Horatio to return, Kai looked around some more and offered her helpe where she could. She knew that when Horatio came back, she'd have to tell him the real reason she was there. She knew he probably wouldn't like it, but she wanted to be honest with him. She didn't want any secrets between them.

Would he still remember her promise to marry him? Would he still be willing to marry her? She would have her answers soon enough.
Kuramasgirlrei1976
Kuramasgirlrei1976

Whatif (Kai and Horatio's story) Empty Re: Whatif (Kai and Horatio's story)

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:05 pm
She was only there for the weekend, just enough time to get Horatio wound up and enticed, and she was gone again.

Kai went back to New York and her life there. She went back to work, and before long she told them she wanted to transfer, to the Miami Dade Crime Lab.

Mac Taylor, NYPD Crime lab, smiled at her. "You got someone there?" he asked, curious. "You're a huge part of this team, Kai. If you leave, you're not going to be easy to replace. Are you sure about this?"

"Mac," she said. "I am. I am very sure about this. I do have someone there, and I can't let him down. He has been my friend since I was a kid."

Mac hugged her. "I'll miss you," he told her. "NO one can scare people out of lying like you can. You're our secret weapon."

She laughed and hugged him back. "I love working here. You'll see me again, Mac."

"One more scaring a liar straight?" Mac requested. "Just for old times' sake? Before you leave us."

"Mac," Kai said. "Call me anytime you need a master language flipper. I perfected that when I was a kid."

Mac laughed. He walked her to the interrogation room and handed her the file.

Inside, the suspect looked at Kai as she skimmed the file. "What's this little girl going to do?" he asked. "Is she even old enough to work here?"

Kai looked at him, already annoyed. "So, tell me Mr. Tarton," she said. "What happened? Why did you run?"

"Like I would tell a little girl like you," he snorted at her. "I'd rather talk to a man."

"No, you wouldn't," Mac said, trying not to laugh. "You're going to wish you had told us the truth when we brought you in."

The suspect snorted again and looked at Kai. He had no idea what she could do, and how quickly his world would be rocked by this "little girl."

"This is your ONLY chance," she told him. "Change your attitude, or you're going to need to change your pants soon."

He laughed, Kai put her poker face on. She was done with the games.

Mac smirked and stayed back. He knew Kai's process. She'd start nice and slow, enunciating every word perfectly, clearly, in English. When they refused, she would flip, usually to either Hawaiian and then Italian or vice versa. She would end with either one of the two. Very rarely would she end in English.

"You WILL tell me why you ran," Kai said slowly. "You will NOT insult me again."

Tarton laughed again, which fueled her anger and rage. The other officers walked out, quickly. They knew what was coming next, and Kai scared them.

She spoke again, and as she was just getting comfortable with speaking English, she slipped into Hawaiian.

Mr. Tarton wasn't laughing anymore. He looked to Mac for help. Mac shook his head no, and let Kai do her thing.

"Mai nana oe ia'u, e nana mai oe ia'u!!" (Don't look at him, look at me damn it!!) she said. "ʻAʻole ʻo ia e mālama i kāu hoki!" (He won't save your ass!) She then flipped to Italian. "Rispondi a quella dannata domanda!" (Answer the fucking question!!)

Mr. Tarton started shaking. Mac knew he was about to piss himself. He had too the very first time he was with her while she questioned someone. She was wicked scary.

Kai slammed her hands down on the table. "Ho detto, risponid a quella maledetta domanda, stronzo!!" (I said, answer the god damn question asshole!!)

As soon as she slammed her hands down on the table Tarton did actually piss himself. Kai stood up as he started confessing everything. She straightened out her top and walked towards mac, who held up his hand for a high five.

She high fived him. "You're welcome" she mouthed, as the Tarton put his head down on the table and cried.

"Nice job," Mac said. "Keep in touch."

Kai nodded and went to turn everything in, then looked around. She would miss New York a lot, but knew being with Horatio was her destiny. And she couldn't wait to be with him for the rest of their lives.
Kuramasgirlrei1976
Kuramasgirlrei1976

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:08 pm
Kai went back to Isabella's house and packed her clothes, along with all the rings she had inherited by her dad and grandparents. "Are you sure about this, little one?" her mom asked. "Moving to Florida?"

"I am," Kai said. "Horatio's there. I'm going to marry him. That has always been the plan."

Isabella laughed. She remembered the banter between her and Ray when she said she had found her one and only. Ray thought it was him, but he couldn't handle her spiciness like Horatio could.

"I'll be expecting a letter, Kai," she told her daughter. "And a picture."

"Of course!" Kai said. "I already know you love H. You and Daddy gave us your blessings when we were kids. I can't wait to be Mrs. Horatio Caine!"

Kai grabbed her bag and some stuff, before hugging her mom tight. Isabella bid her good luck and gave her another hug.

She had called for a cab to take her to the airport. New York had been home for most of her life, except the year she was in Hawaii with her dad. Kai had a short wait for her flight. She had her Dad's ring to give to Horatio on their wedding day.

Back in Miami, Horatio had gone to the jewelry store. Not finding anything liked there, he left. He remembered the childhood conversation between him and Kai. Then at Kai's prom where she declared once again to him, she would marry him. He couldn't wait to take her as his wife.

She had found a house close to the crime lab that she was renting. When the plane landed, she took her stuff to the crime lab and went to HR to update her badge. When she was done she then went to the house to put her clothes and stuff away. Kai took a cab and went grocery shopping and bought some new things and groceries. She then texted Mac that she arrived safely in Florida, and that he didn't have to worry about her.

Mac smiled seeing the text. "Be safe," he texted back. "And be careful."

Kai smiled at the text back. She loved the NYPD, but the one person she wanted to be with wasn't there.

The next morning she went to the lab. Her hair up in a bun, and her face mask on, she was processing evidence that the night shift handed off to her. Kai couldn't wait to surprise Horatio.

As she was working on the evidence, Tim came in. "Hey," he said. "Horatio needs this done ASAP."

"I can do it in about five minutes," she said finishing up. "I'm almost done with this."

"You're new here, right?" He asked. "Have we met before?"

"Yes, I am," Kai said. "Hello again, Tim Speedle." Her green eyes bored into his.

For a moment he got lost in her eyes, before shaking his head. "How do you know my name...?" he asked, confused.

"I came in a few days ago looking for Horatio," she said. "Please don't tell H I'm here."

The light bulb clicked for a second. "Kai, right..?" he asked. "I'm sorry I don't remember names well. I won't, I promise."

She went back to work and set down the folder and evidence he gave her, and stepped out before going to the morgue to talk to Dr. Alexx Woods, ME.

About an hour later Horatio enter ed the lab that Kai was in. "What do we have?" He asked. "Did you find anything?"

Kai's heart skipped a beat. "Well, H," she said hiding a smiled under her mask. "it looks like a partial print, which I ran through CODIS and the sex offender registry. He is wanted in two other state, and he is the murder."

His eyes went wide with surprise when he heard her voice. "Kai," he said smiling at her, getting giddy himself. "Kai, when did you get back?"

"A couple of days ago," she said handing him the results. "I wanted to surprise you."

His smile widened. "Yes, well," Horatio said. "You did surprise me. Thank you for this. Good work."

She smiled and went back to work. Kai's surprise went well. Her mission to surprise Horatio was a success.
Kuramasgirlrei1976
Kuramasgirlrei1976

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:28 pm
Kai had been there for a few months now, and she had gotten into a routine with the lab. She was rarely asked to go out into the field. But she did sometimes get asked to question the perps.

The first time she did it was in Miami. The man pissed himself and cried. She handed the file to Tim Speedle as she walked out of the interrogation room, then went to the lab and started working on the evidence. Watching her walk away, Tim realized what a gold mine they had in Kai. Having her around PD was going to be fun.

She had just started processing the evidence when Eric came in and saw her mask and hair. She was already annoyed, and was not in the mood to be trifled with.

"Do you always wear a mask and your hair in a bun?" he asked her. "I think you're the only one around here that does that."

Kai looked at him, her eyes as hard as steel. "What does it matter to you?" she asked him. "I really don't give a damn if I am the only that does it."

"It doesn't. But no one else does it," he pointed out. "So, it's interesting to me."

"If someone told you to jump off a bridge, would you find it 'interesting' enough to follow suit?" Kai asked, snapping at him. "I really don't care for your opinion, and I didn't ask for it."

"Sorry," Eric said. "Just trying to help."

"Look," she said, even more annoyed. "I've done things this way since day one- the mask, the bun. I got harassed about it in New York, and I'm not about to take more crap for it now! If you don't like it, get the fuck out of my lab. I won't tolerate it." She glared at him, and then went back to work.

He was surprised by her forwardness and her attitude, but let it slide. She scared him a bit. "I didn't mean anything by it," he said, setting evidence down on the table next to her. "H wanted me to give you this, to work on."

When Eric said H's name, her heart skipped a beat. If H wanted her to work on the evidence, then she would. "Leave it there, and I'll get to it soon," she told Eric in a softer tone.

"I'm Eric Delko, by the way," Eric said reintroducing himself to her. "In case you forgot who I was."

"You are the only other one, that I know of that calls Horatio H," Kai told him. "I've been calling him that since we were kids. Is there anything else?"

"No," he said. "That's it for now."

Leaving the lab, Eric ran into Calleigh. "Who's the new girl?" she asked, looking past him to the lab, where Kai was hard at work. "Have I met her before?"

"Kailani Brown," Eric said. "She's a friend of Horatio's"

"Oh yeah..." Calleigh said watching Kai. "She's smart wearing her hair up and a mask. I like her already."

"Careful," Eric warned her. "She could give you a run for your money in the sassiness department."

"Sure, Eric," Calleigh said, amused. "I'll be sure not to upset her. I'm going to the shooting range, if you'll excuse me."

Alexx had come upstairs with some evidence for Horatio. She saw Kai in the lab, and stood there for a minute, watching her, studying her. A moments later, Kai came out of the lab, and almost ran into Alexx.

"Hello there, I'm Doctor Alexx Woods," Alexx said introducing herself. She smiled. "I'm the ME here. You, my dear, have created quite a stir among the lab."

Kai smiled back at her. "Nice to meet you," she said. "I'm Kailani Brown; I transferred down from the CSI in New York."

"So, you're not green by any means," Alexx observed. "New York, huh? That explains the accent."

"What accent? I don't have an accent," Kai said. "And no, I'm not green. I'm not really super-excited about seeing dead people. I will come collect evidence if need be, but I prefer to stay in the lab."

Horatio saw his spicy Italian and his ME talking in the hall. He came up behind Kai. "Kai," he said. "Do you have my results?"

Kai smiled and lifted her hand, handing him the printouts over her shoulder. "I do," she said. "I was just getting to know your ME. How about you and I catch up after work?" she asked him. "It's been a while. It was nice to meet you, Alexx," she told the ME. The she looked at Horatio and smirked, before walking away slowly.

"Sure Kai, we can do that," he said watching her way away. She was doing this on purpose and he knew it, but that didn't make it any less effective. "Wow..."

Alexx raised an eyebrow, watching Horatio, who was watching Kai walk away. "Well, Horatio," she said with a smirk of her own. "You might want to wipe the drool off of your face. She seems very familiar with you.. how do you two know each other."

A light blush crossed Horatio's cheeks. He touched his face, smiling. "She's an old friend," he told Alexx. "We grew up together. Me, her, and Raymond."

"You're in love with her," Alexx said, blunt as always. "And maybe vice versa. That would explain why she didn't jump when you came up behind her."

They walked away, talking, as Kai pushed the button for the elevator. When the doors opened, she saw Yelina Sala, Ray's wife.

'Damn, Ray,' she thought to herself. 'You've got good taste. Did my spiciness rub off on you, make for you want a spicy woman for yourself?'

Yelina looked at Kai. Stared at her, actually, for a long moment, before she spoke. "Excuse me," she said. "You look familiar...do you by chance know Raymond or Horatio Caine?"

"Yes, I know them both," Kai said stepping onto the elevator. "I grew up with them both in New York. Why?"

"I have a picture of the three of you, from high school. Yelina explained. "It's on Ray's night stand on his side of the bed. You must be Kailani. Ray talked about you all the time. Made me a little jealous, to be honest with you."

Kai laughed out loud. "Yeah, that's me," she said. "The one and only. Horatio told me Ray had a widow; until then, I never knew he had gotten married. That picture was from when Ray and I were still in high school; Horatio had already moved on to the Academy. I'm sorry for your loss. I've got some good stories about Raymond from when we were kids; we should talk sometime."

Yelina nodded. "Yes, we should," she said. "It was nice to finally meet the infamous Kailani."

The elevator reached their floor. Both ladies got off, and Kai turned to Yelina. "Ray was a good man," she said before leaving the building. It had been a long, interesting, and straining day.

Horatio stood near the window, watching Kai leave. The sway of her hips was driving him crazy. He couldn't wait to marry her. He turned slightly as Calleigh came up beside him.

"What did you find out?" he asked her. "Good news I hope." He watched Kai for a moment more before turning to give Calleigh his full attention.

"We now know who the murderer is," Calleigh said. "Thanks to Kailani's evidence."

Yelina and Kai left the lab separately, one going right, the other going left. Kai arrived at the house and decided to go in and call her mom. She already missed the hustle and bustle of New York, and her mother, but she was happy to be in Florida, with Horatio. And she missed Ray, especially now that she'd met his widow. She had hoped that she, Ray and Horatio could all hang out again, and had hoped to give Ray a hard time, just like old times.
Kuramasgirlrei1976
Kuramasgirlrei1976

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:31 pm
Two weeks later Kailani and Eric happened to have the same day off, they met up at the same diner.

He walked in right after her. "Hey," Eric said tapping her shoulder gently. "Kailani, right?"

"Yes...?" she said turning around trying not to jump. "Eric?"

"Yeah," he said. "Funny how we happen to have the same day off."

The waitress sat them together and gave them menus to look over. They thanked her and looked over the menus. "I don't know if I want to stay here," she said settling on the big breakfast. "I miss New York, and my mom."

"What do you miss about it?" Eric asked her setting on the same breakfast Kailani decided on, and handing the waitress back the menus. She took them and walked away putting in their orders. "What do you like to do there?"

"Everything," Kai told him honestly. "The hustle and bustle, seeing the Broadway shows, the smell, the vendors on the streets cooking hotdogs..." She starting drooling.

"Sounds amazing, exciting, and dangerous," he said chuckling. "I bet the shows are fun though."

They talked as the waitress brought their orders. "It was home for so long," she told him. "Except the year I lived in Hawaii with my dad. Thank you"

The waitress nodded and left. As they ate, she told him she didn't date co-workers, it was against her policy. But in her mind Horatio wasn't a co-worker, he was her husband already.

"That makes sense," he said finishing up his food. "But something tells me, you wouldn't date anyone from PD anyways."

'Well except for Horatio,' she thought to herself. 'But he doesn't count.' "I don't mind hanging out," Kai told him. "I just don't date those I work with."

Kai reached for the check and paid for their meals before Eric could grab it. He thanked her and they continued to talk as he walked her home. When they arrived at her place she gave him her number. "Thank you, Eric," she said. "Here's my number, so you can call me when we're in the lab." He took it and texted her his number as well.

She saw it and saved it in her phone. "See you later, Eric." she said smiling at him. Kai then unlocked the door and went in. She turned and waved.

Eric waited until the door was closed to leave. He though she was cute and hoped she would reconsider dating co-workers.

Something felt off to her as she fully closed the door behind her. She took off her shoes and shock, then went to the bedroom to change clothes. As she changed her bad feeling became stronger.

Kai felt a hand go over her mouth and then over her waist, as she was thrown on the bed. She saw who threw her on the bed and her eyes went wide. "Jonathan..." she said. "What are you doing here, we broke up, remember?"

"I came to see you," he said. "You left New York awful fast baby."

"Because I was tired of being abused by you," she said. "This relationship is over, I don't love you."

He smirked, she knew what was coming. "Abused..." he said raising his hand. "Like this?" he asked her hitting her hard in the face. He did it over and over again.

Kai had learned not to cry out in pain because it made it worse. Jonathan didn't like the silence though, and filled it by ranting- talking on and on about how Kai still belonged to him. He paced as he ranted. When he stepped momentarily through the door into the next room- preoccupied listening to his own words- she scrambled the phone out of her pocket and dialed 9-1-1.

They answered just as he turned to come back into the bedroom. "9-1-1, what's your emergency?" they asked her.

"Help me...CSI...he ambushed me, he's trying to hurt me!" She spoke as quickly as she could; it was all she could get out before Jonathan charged back and slapped the phone out of her hand.

"You treacherous bitch!" he shouted at her. He clambered over and choked her, tearing at her clothes and his own, preparing to rape her. Kai tried not to throw up her breakfast all over him.

"Ma'am!" the operator said from the phone on the floor- the call hadn't disconnected. "Can you hear me? We've got the address; we're sending help!"

Kai tried to shout back but barely got a word out. Jonathan was too far gone; he hit her with the butt of the bun and began raping her. He grunted as he came in her, he the pressed the barrel of the gun to her shoulder and pulled the trigger. Kai shifted just enough to feel the bullet graze her shoulder instead of punching through. She screamed as she blacked out from the pain of being hit, raped, and shot.

"Calling all units," the operator said, a small voice from the phone on the floor. Kai heard it before she blacked out; prayed they would arrive in time. "Domestic dispute in progress. The victim is female, and a CSI."

Horatio was out of PD for the evening and driving around. The call came in over the radio- as soon as he overheard it, he was enroute. "This is Lieutenant Horatio Caine," he said. "I'm enroute. Have you traced the call?"

"Yes sir," the operator said, giving him the address. "I didn't get her name."

"I'm on scene," Horatio said getting out of the Hummer as a squad car and EMS pulled up. "MDPD, come out with your hands up! KAILANI!!!"

Horatio and the officer went in with EMS right behind them. Jonathan sat next to her smirking, looking at his handiwork. "Isn't she so pretty?" he said as the officers cuffed him. "She will always be looking over her shoulder."

"Kai..." Horatio said softly, before calling Alexx and Calleigh. He asked that they meet EMS at Dade General. He then found Isabella's number and called her. He told her what had happened, and told her he would have a ticket waiting at the airport for her. He then drove to Dade General and talked to the doctors about Calleigh and Alexx processing Kai. He waited for her to arrive; the EMS unit wasn't far behind him. They wheeled Kai inside and put her in trauma room one.

When Kai awoke, Horatio was sitting next to her. He had already taken pictures of her face and anything exposed and sent them off to the lab.

"H..." she said, rasping. "I want Alexx to do a rape kit. And I would like Calleigh to process me, please."

"Kai," he said softly. "I already told the doctors that. They are on their way now."

She sighed feeling stupid. 'I should've been more aware,' she thought to herself. 'Horatio isn't going to want me like this...maybe I should go back to New York, or maybe Hawaii...'

When Horatio saw Alexx and Calleigh outside her door, he left the room to talk to them about what happened. A moment later the three walked in together. Kai looked embarrassed.

"Now, Horatio," Alexx said. "Get out and let us take care of your girl."

"I'll be back, Kai," he told her. "Thanks Alexx."

But Kai didn't hear him. She was too upset, and scolded herself for being stupid. She sighed deeply. Why would Horatio want her like this...broken?
Kuramasgirlrei1976
Kuramasgirlrei1976

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:33 pm
After Alexx kicked Horatio out of the room, she started the rape kit as Calleigh took pictures.

Kai let the tears fall, embarrassed about what had happened to her. Would Horatio look at her with pity? Or would he help her rise above this?

"Kailani," Calleigh said softly. "Would you be okay with answer questions for me?"

Kai nodded. "Yes, I will," she said. "Are you going to tell Horatio?"

"I'm going to record it, okay?" Calleigh answered. "If you don't want me too, I won't." Calleigh then turned on the recorder. "What happened? What were you doing before everything happened?"

"I went out to breakfast," Kai said. "I happened to meet up with someone from work. We had breakfast, a nice conversation, he then walked me home." She paused and a deep breath; Calleigh picked up pen and paper and wrote.

"Please tell Horatio for me," Kai said. She took a deep breath and started again. "I went in the house. I had a feeling that something was wrong...usually a bad feeling like that is enough to make me get up and leave. But this time I didn't trust my gut- and it bit me in the ass. Jonathan Thomas Rane, my abusive ex from New York...he found me. He was the reason I left New York. I ran to Florida to escape him and to find Horatio.

"How did he find you?" Calleigh asked, nodding that she would tell Horatio everything. "How did he get into the house?"

"I don't know," Kai told Calleigh. "I really don't...I know I love only one, and that one would never lay his hands on me."

Alexx tapped Calleigh's arm letting her know she was done with the rape kit. Calleigh nodded and processed, her as Kai continued to tell her everything.

When Calleigh was done, she stepped out into the hall to talk to Horatio about what Kai had told him. Alexx covered Kai up and stepped out of the room, coming to join them. Her heart broke for Kai. "She's all yours," she told Horatio. "She loves you so much, Horatio."

"I know she does," he said, thanking them before going into the room. "Kai..."

"Jonathan Thomas Rane," Kai said. "That's who you're looking for, if you haven't already caught him. I just got out of an abusive relationship with him. That's the real reason I'm here...I came to get away, but also to keep my promise to you. To be Mrs. Horatio Caine, that is...if you'll still have me."

"Can I hold your hand?" Horatio asked sitting in the chair next to her bed. "I thought so. Why else would you be here?" he said chuckling, trying to lighten the mood. He then started speaking rusty Italian to her.

Kai was happy Horatio was her friend, and that he didn't look at her differently now, or throw what had happened to her in her face. He spoke softly to her until she fell asleep. He kissed her hand; he was so in love with her. Then he stepped out to call Speedle.

"Speedle," Tim said. "What's up, Horatio?"

"Yeah, Speed," Horatio said. Jonathan Thomas Rane is the guy that hurt Kailani. Pull him up, and call the bomb squad. I just have a feeling." He then turned to see Calleigh and Alexx. "Calleigh."

"On my way back to the lab with Alexx," Calleigh said. "Is everything okay?"

"Glad to hear you two are on your way back," he said. "No, but, it will get better. I need to go to get her mother from the airport, Kai needs Isabella right now."

The three left the hospital together. Horatio went to the airport to pick up Isabella. When Isabella saw him she gave him a big hug; it had been a long time. "Look at you, Horatio," she said. "I think you look even more handsome."

Horatio smiled as a light blush crossed his cheeks. "Thank you, Isabella," he said, holding his arm out to her. "Now-tell me what you know about Jonathan Rane."

"He's trouble," Isabella told him. "You know how hard headed Kailani is. She get is from me. Anyways, the first year they were together he was nice...then it was like a switch was flipped and he starting beating her. He's raped and beaten her so badly...Kai's not...is she?"

"No, Mama," Horatio said, not having a clue as to why he called her Mama just then. "She's just badly beaten."

Isabella smiled. "You haven't called me that in a long time," she said. "You'll have a reason to call me that when you and Kai get married...if you still want to marry her."

He nodded. "She's beautiful, of course I still want to marry her," Horatio said. "She scolded me."

"Oh yeah?" Isabella asked, as they walked out to the Hummer. "How?"

"I told her that Ray passed away..." he said as he helped Isabella into the Hummer, and walked around to the driver's side. He started the engine. "She was mad that I didn't tell her sooner. I should've called you, I'm sorry."

"Wow..." Isabella said, shocked. "Did he have a wife? A family?"

Horatio started the drive to Dade General. "Yes," he said. He married a girl named Yelina Salas. And they have a son named Ray Junior."

Isabella smiled as they talked more. When they pulled up to the hospital, Horatio parked and helped her out. They walked together to Kai's room, and went in.

Isabella sighed softly. She remembered back to the year she had spent in an abusive relationship; it had freaked Kai out. She was determined not to let her daughter go through the same thing.

Horatio offered her the chair. She sat and took Kai's hand. A couple of hours later, Kai woke to see Isabella sitting beside her bed and watching the crappy hospital TV. "Mamma, sono felice che tu sia qui (Mom, I'm glad you're here)", she said with tears in her eyes.

"Va tutto bene, la mamma è qui" (It's okay, mom's here) Isabella said softly.

Isabella petted Kai's hair softly and let her cry. She had never rubbed in Kai's face that Jonathan was trouble, wanting Kai to figure it out for herself. Now she wondered if that had been the right choice. It was clear by her face and the bruising on her body he had gotten to her again.

While Isabella comforted Kai, the doctor came in. He gave the green light to go home.

In the meantime, Speedle called Horatio back. "Yeah, Speed?" he answered.

"Horatio, he is a repeat offender," Tim said. "He's an abuser and a bomber...how did you know to call the bomb squad?"

"Lucky guess," he said hanging up to make another call. A safe house for Kai and Isabella. They were going to stay there until Jonathan was caught and dealt with.

Speedle sighed deeply as he called him again. This was part of the job he hated, especially if people Horatio cared about were involved.

Horatio answered again. "Yeah, Speed?" he said. "What did you find out?"

"Horatio," Tim said. "Kailani isn't his first victim. He's got a rap sheet as long as the glades that goes back to when he was thirteen. Kailani is just his latest victim. He's on his way to wherever she is to finish her off."

"Thanks, Speed," Horatio said. He hung up to make another call. He needed to find a safe house for Kai and Isabella. they were going to stay there until Jonathan was caught and dealt with.

Speedle sighed deeply as he called Horatio again. This was part of the job he hated, especially if people Horatio cared about were involved.

Horatio answered again. "Yeah, Speed?" he said. "What did you find out?"

"Horatio," Tim said. "Kailani isn't his first victim. He's got a rap sheet as long as the Glades, and it goes all the way back to when he was thirteen. Kailani is just his latest victim. He's probably on his way to wherever she is, to finish her off."

"Thanks, Speed," Horatio said, hanging up. "Isabella, you and Kai have to go now. Jonathan made bail, it's time to go. It's important to move you two to a safe house, right away."

Isabella and Kai nodded. Horatio got them out with an officer to take them to the safe house, just in time, right before Jonathan arrived at the hospital. Aside from the officer taking Kai and Isabella to the safe house, Horatio was the only one that knew where they were. He wouldn't let Jonathan touch his spicy Italian ever again.
Kuramasgirlrei1976
Kuramasgirlrei1976

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:41 pm
Jonathan went through the entire hospital looking for Kai. When he couldn't find her, he left, angry and keyed up.

Horatio went to Kai's house and picked up some groceries and some clothes for her, and took them to the safe house. Isabella answered the door, leaving Kai to go rest some more. "Horatio," she said softly. "He's not done with her, is he?"

"No," Horatio told her. "I got her some clothes and groceries; I can pick you some clothes as well. I'll be back soon."

Isabella nodded and squeezed his hand. While they talked, she had managed to slip two letters into Horatio's hand. One was for Eric, the other was for Horatio; he put it into his coat pocket to read later. He nodded to Isabella and left to go back to PD.

Once there, he found Eric and him him the note, then left to turn in the Hummer and to retrieve his personal vehicle. Eric thanked him, and read the note.

"Eric-" It started. "Thank you for the company at breakfast. It was nice. Thank you for walking me home. I wish I had been more aware of my house. In so many ways I'm glad you weren't there to see me being attacked. I would be honored to call you a friend. Kailani Brown."

While Eric read his note, Horatio was also reading his. "To my one and only love, Horatio," it started. Horatio smiled. "I'm sorry I lied about why I was here. Please forgive me. I won't keep secrets from you anymore. I still want to marry you, if you'll still have me. I love you forever and always. Your spicy Italian, Kai."

Horatio's smiled widened. He knew they were meant to be together. Kai had declared it when they were kids. He put the letter away and turned to see Eric staring at him. "Eric?" he asked. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Yeah, H," Eric said. "I want to date Kailani."

"That won't be possible," Horatio said. She is already spoken for."

"Oh yeah?" he asked. "By who? You?"

"Actually, yes," he told him. "She is my childhood sweetheart. She decided a long time ago that we are to be husband and wife. Her mind's been made up since we were kids."

"You can handle her?" Eric asked. "Her moods? Everything?"

Horatio chuckled. "I've dealt with her moods for sometime now. I know her very well, and I know how to handle her moods."

Eric laughed. "Okay, H," he said. "I can't see you handling her moods, but sure."

Annoyed, Horatio walked away from Eric. He wasn't going to let Eric have his spicy Italian. Kai was his and his alone.
Kuramasgirlrei1976
Kuramasgirlrei1976

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:43 pm
A month later they caught Jonathan. He had broken into Kai's house and was rifling through her things, looking for clues about where she had gone and how to find her. Horatio, arriving while the burglary was still in progress, had come up behind Jonathan, with a gun pressed into his back.

"I'll find her," Jonathan said. "I'll finish what I started. I promise you."

Jonathan," Horatio said quietly, so no one else could hear what he was saying. "Jonathan, if you lay a hand or any other body part on her again...I'll kill you myself. That's a promise. Take him."

The officer took him to PD. Horatio drove to the safe house, and took Kai and Isabella back home. When they arrived, Calleigh and Tim were still processing the house.

Kai had recovered from her injuries nicely, thanks to a lot of the herbal remedies Isabella had given her. Horatio was holding her hand as they pulled into the driveway. He parked, and got out and helped Isabella out before helping Kai. Kai looked down at him and kissed him, sweetly.

Calleigh smiled, and started to pack up. "Come on, Tim," she told Speedle. "Let's give them some privacy."

Before they did, Horatio kissed Kai back, then set her down on the ground. "I have a question," he said, whispering in her ear. "Are you ready?"

Kai nodded, catching her breath from the kiss. Isabella pulled Horatio away for a moment and give him her engagement ring from Kalani. "This is what her Dad got me for my engagement ring," she said. "It meant a lot to me, and it will to her as well."

Horatio hugged Isabella, and walked back to Kai. Calleigh and Tim had just put their kits away; they turned just in time to see Horatio walking back to Kai. "Before you two leave..." Horatio said to them. Then he got down on one knee. "Kailani Sloane Brown, will you do me the honor of being my wife?"

"Yes!" Kai said bouncing happily. "I will marry you!" Horatio slipped the ring on her finger and kissed her again. Isabella, Calleigh and Tim clapped. They were happy to have witnessed Horatio's proposal to Kai.

"I have to tell Mac!" Kai said. "He'll be so happy! H, are you okay with me going to New York for a couple of weeks? I'll come home. I'll always come back to you, H."

"Yes, of course," Horatio told her. "Go flaunt your engagement ring. I will be here, waiting for you."

She hugged him again. "Do you still have my keys?" she asked. "You can get my pots and pans, and everything else I need moved into your place. And will you take us to the airport, H?"

Calleigh laughed at how excited Kai was. Her voice went a little high pitched as she talked about moving into Horatio's house. "Congratulations, Kailani," Calleigh said. "You two make an adorable couple."

"Congrats, H," Tim said. "You got one hell of a spicy girl there."

"See you guys in two weeks," Kai said blushing. "I know I'm spicy, I get it from my Mama." It was Isabella's turn to blush.

Tim and Calleigh got back in the Hummer and headed back to PD, to spread the good news to the rest of the lab. Then Horatio took Kai and Isabella to the airport for their flight back to New York, so Kai could go flaunt her engagement at the NYPD crime lab.

Kai felt like she was flying. "H," she said. "I want to get married at the Justice of the Peace. I don't need a fancy wedding. And if it's okay with you, I would like Calleigh and Tim there to witness it and record it, so I can send it to Mama."

"Anything for my spicy Italian," Horatio said. "I'll talk to them when I get back to the lab." He pulled up to the airport, parked and let the two ladies out. He kissed Kai deeply. "I'll see you in two weeks, and we'll be husband and wife when you come back."

"See you in two weeks, H," Kai said, kissing him back. "I can't wait to be your wife! I love you."

He waved to them both as they walked into the airport, then he got back in the Hummer and headed back to PD. He couldn't wait to see the look on Eric's face when he found out he was engaged to be married to Kai. Soon he and his spicy Italian would be husband and wife; Horatio couldn't wait.
Kuramasgirlrei1976
Kuramasgirlrei1976

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:54 pm
Isabella and Kai flew back to New York. When they got off the plane and stepped outside, Kai took a deep breath. "I've missed New York," Kai told her mom following her to the cab. "Mama, when we get back to the house can I borrow the car? I gotta go flaunt this ring."

Isabella laughed, glad to see her daughter so happy. "Sure, Kai," she said. "Are you buying something for Horatio?"

"I don't know yet," Kai said honestly. "I do know I owe Horatio sand from Hawaii. Maybe I'll go visit Daddy's grave, show off the ring. I miss Daddy..." She sighed.

Kai put her head on her mom's shoulder, and Isabella held Kai's hand. "Your Daddy loved you so much..." she told Kai. "And you loved him right back. I remember how your eyes always lit up when you heard him or saw him. I can't believe it's been almost twenty years since he passed away."

"It still feels fresh in my mind..." Kai told her mother. "When his head..." She couldn't continue, and started to cry.

Isabella rubbed her daughter's arm. "I'm sorry," she apologized. "I didn't mean to bring it up."

The cab pulled up to the house and both women got out and Isabella paid. Kai stood on the lawn and looked over at Horatio's childhood home, and smiled. She had a lot of good memories with him. Isabella went inside, and Kai stayed outside, sitting on the porch steps. She people watched as she thought back to her childhood. It was something she had done since she was a kid.

Isabella came out to the porch and gave Kai the keys to her car. "Please pick up some food before you come home," she told her daughter. "I love you, little one."

"I love you too, Mama," Kai said. "I will," Before she left, she called Horatio. "Hey babe," she said. "We're in New York."

"Hey Kai," Horatio said. "Are you okay? You sound a little upset."

"Yeah," she said softly. "It's nothing major, I promise. I love you; call me later."

"I will, baby," he said. "Love you too, my spicy Italian."

Kai laughed. Horatio smiled; Kai's laugh was his favorite sound. They hung up, and Kai drove to the crime lab to see Mac.

She was pulling up as Mac came out and went to his car. Kai pulled in next to him.

Mac looked over and went to her driver's side window. "Hey there, stranger," he said leaning against the car with his hands above the driver's door. "How's Florida treating you?"

Kai watched his posture carefully. Aware of her history with Jonathan, he had instinctively kept his hands to himself, rather than reaching for her hand or reaching to hug her. "It's good," she said, holding a hand up to show off her ring. "I just got engaged! Mac, you would like Horatio. He's a good man, and a New Yorker like us."

Mac smiled and shifted a bit, watching her as he did. "We miss you," he told her. "It's too quiet here without our secret weapon. No one to scare the officers or the perps straight."

Kai laughed. "I'm good at the MDPD," she said. "I miss you guys too. I have more to tell, but that's for another day. Another time."

Mac noticed she was leaning away from him, and keeping a close eye on his hands. He sighed softly; he knew why she did it. Jonathan had been an absolute asshat to her.

"Did they get him?" he asked. "Are you free from the asshole? Please tell me that Horatio treats your right."

"I am, now," she said. "It was horrible Mac. I went to breakfast with a co-worker- well, we didn't actually go together, but we ended up at the same restaurant at pretty much the same time. After we ate he walked me home...I went inside the house, even though I had a bad feeling. I should've just turned around and left. Jonathan was there, waiting...he raped and beat me..." She cried, recalling it; it still felt so fresh, like it had just happened. When she finally composed herself enough, she continued. "Horatio came to my rescue. I love him Mac, always have...since we were kids. He treats me like a queen."

Mac smiled. "I remember you telling me that before," he told her. "You deserve all the happiness in the world, Kai. You really do." He slowly, cautiously moved his hand down for her to take. She squeezed his hand.

"Thanks, Mac," Kai said. "You're a good friend. I'll bring some pasta for you tomorrow, as a thank you for being my friend."

"Deal," Mac said. "I've missed your cooking. I think I gained a few pounds from it while you were here," he teased. "See you tomorrow."

He watched her back out and drive away, then sighed and got into his own car. Mac had fallen in love with her during her time at the crime lab. He knew she didn't love him back; that was obvious. It had crushed him a little when he saw the ring, but was happy for her. Mac hadn't seen her green eyes shine in a long time. He loved seeing her happy. He started his car and headed for home.

Arriving at the grocery store, Kai parked and got out. She had her wallet and Isabella's debit card. She made a mental note to call Dade Mutual in the morning to let them know she was out of state for a couple of weeks. She went in and got some fresh food for the house.

As she shopped, she thought about the promotion she had gotten while at NYPD. Kai had worked herself up through the ranks during her time there, and was proud of herself for making lieutenant. While she was in the store, her phone rang, and she answered it without looking at the caller ID. "Lieutenant Brown," she said as she looked over the tomatoes. "Who is this?"

"Lieutenant, huh?" Horatio said. She could hear the smile in his voice. "Hello, my spicy Italian. It's your soon to be husband, Horatio."

"Hey babe!" Kai said, before cussing the tomatoes out in Italian. "You caught me grocery shopping for Mama; what's up?"

He chuckled. "You told me to call you," he reminded her. "Are the tomatoes not up to my spicy girl's standards?"

"No, they aren't," Kai said pouting, before grabbing four vines anyway. "Well, I guess I missed the good ones, considering we usually shop in the morning...what can I do for you, handsome?"

They talked as she went through the store, ordering meat and picking up odds and ends, along with semi-decent vegetables. She voiced her displeasure about the grocery shopping.

Horatio remarked that he had just called to check in on her, and she smiled. "Do you want me to bring you anything home?" she asked. It surprised her to hear herself call Florida home, even though she still preferred New York. "I was thinking about staying here for about a week, then Hawaii for a couple of days, and then back to your loving arms."

"Just bring yourself," Horatio said. "I don't need you to bring anything else. I can't wait to hold you, Kai. Maybe make me a blanket, I miss those..it's going into winter here."

"You remembered I crochet?" Kai asked a little surprised. "I will, babe. A blue one to make your eyes pop."

She told him she loved him, and got in line to pay for the groceries. Once she checked out, Kai headed home.

Isabella had been in deep cleaning mode since Kai had left. The house wasn't up to her standards.

When Kai came home, she was instantly aware of the difference in the house. It smelled cleaner, fresher. She put the groceries away. She apologized for the tomatoes looking squishy, and Isabella rolled her eyes.

They talked as they cooked together. Isabella was happy that her daughter was going to marry her childhood sweetheart. She loved Horatio like he was her own. "Kai," she asked. "Did I ever tell you about my mother? Your Nonna Catherine?"

"No, Mama," Kai said. "I don't know anything about her...I do know about kupuna wahine though. Daddy told me about her." She paused, thinking. "Hey, Mama," she said. "When I have Horatio's kids, can I name my daughter Isabella Catherine? To honor you and Nonna?"

"Little one," Isabella said, "that would be a great honor to both of us. Yes, you may name your daughter Isabella Catherine."

Kai couldn't wait to go back to Horatio. The kiss she would give him would make his toes curl, she knew it. She couldn't wait to be with him for the rest of her life.
Kuramasgirlrei1976
Kuramasgirlrei1976

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:58 pm
Two weeks later, Kai was back in Florida. She couldn't wait to see Horatio. He was waiting at the baggage claim for her, holing a bouquet of lilies, yellow hibiscus and roses. When he looked up, he saw Kai walking towards him with a smile that lit up the entire Florida skyline.

She ran the last few yards to him and he caught her, before kissing her and handing her the flowers. "Oh..H," she said, kissing him again. "I'm home. Time to get our marriage license, so we can get married.

Horatio couldn't stop kissing her. "Yes, but first," he said, "I have a surprise for you." While she was gone, Horatio had planned out how her first day back would go. He would pick her up, take her to the courthouse, get the marriage license and get married. Two birds, one stone.

"The flowers weren't the surprise?" Kai asked. "What is it then, H?"

He took her hand and went to get her suitcase. "If I tell you, Kai," he said, "it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?" He grabbed her bag and walked her to his car, then held the door open for her. Kai got in and buckled up, admiring the flowers.

"Where to first?" Horatio asked her. "And the MDPD is off limits today. I'm spending the day with my spicy Italian."

Kai blushed. "To get our marriage license, grocery shopping, home..." she told him. Kai mumbled something else, but he didn't catch what she had said.

She was happy to have the whole day with him. She told him about what Isabella had told her about her grandmother. "Mama said," Kai told him, "that I could name our daughtter after her and Nonna. I would like to name our son after Daddy and kupuna kāne (grandfather)."

"That is fine," Horatio said pulling up to the courthouse. He didn't tell her that Calleigh and Tim were already inside waiting to witness the marriage- that was another part of the surprise. "Grab your flowers," he told her.

Inside, Calleigh and Tim were waiting for them, talking to pass the time. Kai grabbed her flowers and waited for Horatio to get out of the car. He got out and held the passenger door open and offered his hand to her, helping her out of the car. He then held out his arm for her and she took it. They walked in, and Tim gently nudged Calleigh.

Kai saw them and smiled. "Tim, Calleigh!" she said, letting go of Horatio's arm. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"Welcome home, Kailani!" Calleigh said hugging her. "Oh gosh, you're glowing!"

Tim hugged her as well. "You look beautiful," he said. "Is that a new dress?"

"Yes, it is!" Kai said, doing a little twirl. "Does it make Horatio's eyes pop?"

They agreed it did and the four of them went into the courtroom. Horatio had Isabella's wedding ring, the one Kai's dad had given her. Kai had Horatio's ring, the one that had been her Dad's around her neck on a chain.

Calleigh and Tim witnessed the marriage; both swore Kai's smile couldn't get any bigger than what it already was. Horatio smiled as Kai gave Calleigh a yellow hibiscus. Calleigh took it and hugged them both. Kai handed Tim her phone to take a picture, so she could send it to Isabella.

"See you tomorrow?" Calleigh asked Horatio. "Unless you are taking tomorrow off too."

"Don't expect us in tomorrow," Horatio said. "We'll be a little...tied up."

Kai was grinning like a fool in love, because she was a fool in love. "H," Kai said. "I would like to go to MDPD to give a flower to Alexx. Is that okay?"

"Alright," he said. "Let's go give Alexx a flower and go home. We'll see you two over there." he told Tim and Calleigh.

The two CSIs nodded and walked out ahead of the newlyweds. "She is glowing," Calleigh said, putting her sunglasses on. "And I love this flower, it's so pretty."

Tim smiled. "Kai is glowing," he agreed. "Can her smile get any wider? She lit up the whole courthouse with that smile."

Horatio walked Kai to the car; while she sent the picture to Isabella. "How are you feeling, Mrs. Caine?" he asked. "Is this what you wanted?"

"I feel amazing, Lieutenant Caine," Kai said. "I'm finally your wife! And yes, this was perfect."

Horatio chuckled and started the car. "I know you're the boss around the house," he teased. "I also know you're up for the Captain's promotion. Are you going to take it? My team will be your team."

"Really?" she asked surprised. "Already? I just got Lieutenant. Would you be okay with that? I mean we're the same rank now."

"Kai, honey," Horatio said. "If you want to, go for it. But honestly, you've always been my Captain."

"Captain Caine," Kai said, giggling, testing it out. "Or maybe Captain Brown? What do you think, H?"

"Keep Brown for work," he said. "And Caine for home." They continued to talk as they drove to PD.

Tim and Calleigh made it back to PD before Horatio and Kai. They were still talking about the wedding, and how happy Horatio and Kai looked. Eric came up to them. "Have either of you seen H?" he asked. "It's about Kailani."

"Eric," Tim said. "If you're going to ask for his blessing to date her, you're too late, man."

As the three of them talked, Horatio and Kai pulled up. Kai had taken a hibiscus and put it in her hair. She felt like she was back in Hawaii. Horatio parked and pause to look at her. His eyes were so full of love for her. Kai looked at him, smiling; she got out of the car and went to open the driver's side door for him.

Horatio chuckled- he loved her playful side. "Thank you ma'am," he said getting out. "You look so beautiful."

"You're welcome, sir," Kai said. "My payment is one kiss, please."

He smirked and kissed her, before taking her hand. They walked hand in hand into PD, just as Eric was coming out.

"Hey, H," Eric said. "Can I talk to you for a moment please?"

"I'm going to go find Alexx," Kai said kissing Horatio's cheek. "Be right back."

Horatio kissed her hand and let her go. "Yes, Eric?" he asked. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"I want to date Kailani," he told Horatio. "Is that possible?"

"No, it isn't," he told Eric. "Kai and I are married, as of a few minutes ago. And even if we weren't you wouldn't be able to handle her. She's spicy, and only I know how to soothe her. I've known her for a long time; you've only known her for a few months."

As the two talked, Alexx was coming to give Calleigh her evidence. She stopped in her tracks when she saw Kai. "Hey, Kailani," she said, looking at her friend. "Look at you, you're glowing."

"Hey, Alexx!" Kai said. "Yes, I am! H and I just tied the knot! Here is a flower for you. Horatio surprised me with a big bouquet of all my favorites."

Alexx took it and hugged her. "Congratulations, Kai," she said. "Thanks for the flower. I hope you two have a long, happy marriage."

"Thanks," Kai said. She hugged Alexx, before walking off, heading back outside. As she came out, she heard Eric arguing with Horatio, wanting to date her. "Hey babe!" Kai said brightly to Horatio as she approached. "We can go now. Maybe go get some snacks for later."

Horatio put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him. "Sorry Eric," he said. "You can't handle this spicy Italian; I've had years of practice." He then kissed the top of Kai's head.

Kai smiled and took his hand, and wrapped her arm around his waist. "Ooh, do we have something planned for dinner?" she asked Horatio. "Remember, no frozen foods. H, let's go to the store!"

Horatio chuckled, listening to his new bride getting excited. "Yes, dear," he said as they started to walk away, heading back to the car. "See you in a couple of days, Eric. Calleigh's in charge."

Eric watched them walk away. He was still very jealous. "Lieutenant Brown," he called after them. "Stetler will here about this."

They stopped. Kai turned around, and Horatio sighed deeply, knowing what was coming. "Are you threatening me, Officer Delko?" Kai asked, her New York accent getting thick. "I suggest you walk away before I make you piss yourself. That is not a threat, it's a promise."

Eric snorted, then scoffed. He didn't believe her. Then again, he had never witnessed her making the perps cry.

Horatio sighed deeply again. He had tried to warn Eric; now he was going to find out for himself just how spicy Kai could be.

Kai drew herself up and her green eyes bore into Eric's brown ones. "Go tell him," she enunciated. "Go tell him about H and I. I'm sure he'll be interested in hearing about it." She then flipped to Hawaiian, before chewing him out more. "Hiki iaʻu ke haʻi aku iā ia i kou hoʻopilikia ʻana iā mākou (I could tell him how you are harassing us)". "Hiki iaʻu ke haʻi aku iā ia, he pupule ʻoe a ua hāʻawi mai ʻoe iaʻu i kahi manawa paʻakikī i koʻu hiki mua ʻana i ʻaneʻi (I could tell him that, you're an asshole and you gave me a hard time when I first got here)"

Eric looked away for a second to look at Horatio and Kai snapped her fingers in his face. She managed to get him back inside PD, crowding him backwards through the door, before flipping to Italian. "Non guardare lui, guarda me (Don't look at him, look at me!)" she continued on her rant. "Non mi avrai MAI, non sono tuo, né sarò mai tuo (You will NEVER have me, I am not yours, nor will I ever be yours!)"

Horatio had followed them in, knowing full well not to interrupt Kai when she was language flipping people. It could be dangerous for him.

Kai had quite the audience as she put Delko's back to the wall; Tim smirked, watching. She finished up in Hawaiian, slamming her hands on the wall and pinning Eric in as he pissed himself. "E hoomaopopo pono anei au ia'u iho, e Luna Delko (Do I make myself perfectly clear, Officer Delko?") She then stood and smoothed out her dress.

No one said a word; no one dared to move except Tim and Horatio. Kai turned to see Horatio reaching for her hand. She took it and they left PD.

When they were gone everyone breathed a sigh of relief. "What the hell just happened?" Eric asked, finally recovering from the tongue lashing he had gotten. "I have to go change my clothes..."

"That," Tim said, "was Hurricane Kailani. Calleigh and I told you not to mess with Kai, buddy. You just got language flipped."

Back at the car, Horatio opened the door for Kai, and she got in. "Thank you," she said, finally starting to calm down. Horatio got in and kissed her hand. "I didn't mean to language flip Eric, but now he'll think twice before speaking to me that way."

Horatio said nothing, just kissed her hand before they drove to the store for some light grocery shopping.

Back at PD, Eric was just leaving to go home to change his clothes. He couldn't believe she that to him. He was beginning to thing Horatio was right; he couldn't have handled Kai's spiciness.

While Kai and Horatio were shopping, they talked about kids, and lots of other things. A new car; Isabella moving down to Florida to live with them or closer to them. Horatio kept talking about anything that might help her calm down more.

"How many kids?" he asked her. "How many bedroom for the house? We should save some money first."

Kai listened to his concerns. "H," she said. "We wont really have to save as much as you think we will."

He looked at her confused. "Is this a conversation for the drive home," Horatio asked. "Or is this conversation for home?"

"Either one," Kai said. "Just know if I decided to retire tomorrow, we won't be hurting."

He looked surprised to hear her say that. They finished shopping, and went to check out before going home. Once the groceries were loaded in the car, Horatio asked Kai to explain what she meant.

"Between what I got from kupuna kāne and Daddy's life insurance policies...I'm well off," Kai explained. "I don't have to work anymore, but I choose to."

She paused letting Horatio wrap his mind around what she was saying. "I had a scholarship to the Academy because of my good grades, so that helped me a lot. I didn't know about all of this until after I graduated. And when Noah died, his life insurance went to Mama, and so did any money from the NYPD. I'm to inherit all of that money when Mama passes away. So, no, we're not hurting by any means. And I know Mama has a life insurance policy out on me because of my job."

Horatio was blown away by what she had told him. "Good to know," he told her, still in shock. "But if I know you, you still live like you don't have extra money."

"You're right," Kai told him as he drove them home. "But then again, that's how we were raised. Little to no money."

They pulled up in the driveway. Horatio parked and cut the engine. "Smart and beautiful," he told her. "I got lucky. And you can cook too. What's going through that pretty head of yours?"

"I think we'll have moco loco for dinner," Kai said. "It's one of my favorite Hawaiian meals. I think you'll like it."

He nodded and helped her out before grabbing the groceries and the flowers. They went inside and put everything away. As Kai set things aside for dinner that night, Horatio made sure the house was locked up. He came up behind her and kissed her neck.

Kai moaned softly. She had been waiting for this moment since their first time as prom.

Horatio picked her up and sat her on the counter, where he kissed her deeply. She wrapped her legs around him as he moved her off the counter and to their room, where they would spend the next couple of hours consummating their marriage.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum